Monday 28 January 2013

Coupla three things...

It has been a while since the last post, so I though I had better fill you in on some of the cool things I have tinkered with recently.

This post is about new Dudegame bits, my Harmoniza system and a little Logic Gates widget.



Thing No.1:
Dudegame has made a couple of small movements. There have been some behind-the-scenes changes which you'll only really see if you download the source-code. The most important of these is.. comments! Yes, now there are copious comments describing what it does and how it does it, which might be useful for anyone who might want to take it and have a tinker themselves.

There is now a sliding block object, which means the game now has a puzzle. As you can see in the video, you can arrange blocks to form obstacles which bar progress. There is actually a room full of treasure just below that pile of blocks, so it's a shame I suck at finding my way through the puzzle.

The Dude can now kill monsters will his bare hands, though that doesn't look impressive as they just disappear and he doesn't have any special animation frames.

Mind you, I have started work on a new look for the dude:

And because he is bigger, there will have to be a re-working of the screen size and the rest of the graphics. I think the rest of the code will adapt to the new screen size, but you never know what little bugs might await.


Thing No.2:
Harmoniza is my new system for sorting pupils into form groups, based on their preferences. This now has a nifty front-end:
And I have learnt how to make a CSS layout that changes depending on the width of the device it is being displayed on, so it looks lovely on phones and tablets too. The next step is to set it loose on actual human users!

Thing No.3:

Tonight I knocked up a quick thing in Flash to let my GCSE Computing students play around with logic gates. It's quite basic-looking, but I think it should do the job.



No comments:

Post a Comment